MCPO Derrick Robinson, USN (ret)
Naval Science Instructor
WPNJROTC Core+ Course
Master Chief Robinson is a native of Winter Springs, Florida and a graduate of Oviedo High School in Oviedo, Florida. He began his military service by enlisting in the Navy on July, 21st 1988. He reported to boot camp at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Illinois and received his introduction into the Navy way of life. After completing boot camp Master Chief Robinson reported to Millington, Tennessee where he attended Aviation Ordnanceman “A” school. He graduated 3rd in his class and received a selection for accelerated advancement to Aviation Ordnanceman 3rd Class and assignment to his first duty station.
He reported to Naval Air Station Lemoore, California in January 1989. Here he was assigned to F/A-18 Strike Fighter Squadron 125 the Rough Raiders. His follow on tours of duty consist of:
- USS BELLEAU WOOD (LHA-3) Forward Deployed Naval Forces (FDNF), Sasebo, Japan.
- USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CVN-72) Everett, Washington.
- UNITED STATES NAVAL FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION SQUADRON (BLUE ANGELS), Pensacola, Florida.
- USS IWO JIMA (LHD-7) Norfolk, Virginia.
- AFLOAT TRAINING GROUP WESTERN PACIFIC (ATGWESTPAC), Sasebo, Japan.
- UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY (USNA), Annapolis, Maryland.
- CENTER FOR SECURITY FORCES EXPEDITIONARY COMBAT SKILLS, Gulfport, Mississippi.
He is qualified both as an Enlisted Aviation and Enlisted Surface warfare specialist. Master Chief Robinson has earned the following awards the Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (4 awards), the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (3 awards), and the Navy Good Conduct Medal (7 awards) and various other campaign and service awards. He is a graduate of the United States Navy Senior Enlisted Academy (Class 146 GREEN).
Additionally, he earned an Associates of Science degree from the University of Maryland University College and a Bachelor’s of Science from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
In July 2018, Master Chief Robinson retired from the Navy after 30 years of service and is currently a Naval Science Instructor for the Winter Park High Schools Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps program.